Terms & Conditions
The following Terms & Conditions govern the LuluMoney Services offered by LuLu Financial Services (Phils.) Inc., Company, we, us, our, ours, including all grammatical variations) in the territory of Philippines. Other Terms & Conditions governing Your account with us will continue to be applicable except only where such Other Terms & Conditions are in conflict with these Terms & Conditions (“T&Cs”).
Account: Means the Lulu Money Account created by You on the Lulu Money mobile app or Web app in order to avail the Lulu Money Services.
Alerts: Means the customized alert messages the Company sent to Your Device provided to The Company and appearing on The Company’s records.
Business Day: Means a day on which Lulu is open for business in Philippines.
Device: Means whether a mobile phone, tablet, computer, laptop or any other device used to process a Transaction on the Lulu Money app.
Instructions: Means the electronic instructions You initiated remotely and electronically transmitted via Your Device to The Company.
The Company: Means LuLu Financial Services (Phils.) Inc. and its branches, successors and legal assigns.
LuluMoney: Means the Lulu Money App made available on iOS app store and Android play store to be downloaded for the provision of The Company’s Services, transactions details, initiating funds transfer instructions and other services as may be made available to You by The Company from time to time in each case through Device.
Lulu Money Services: Means the services available online on Lulu Money.
One Time Password: Means the 6-digit number sent to Your Device for security purposes in order to register and continue using Lulu Money.
Push Notifications: Means the customized messages The Company sends due to specific events and/or transactions relating to Your Account such as push notifications, notices, products, updates, general greetings.
Remittances: Means fund transfers from Your bank account to any beneficiary account maintained with another Bank.
Security Codes: Means all passwords, activation keys and other codes as may be prescribed by The Company from time to time.
Security Tools: Means Your User ID, Password, One Time Pin, face id and any other means of security The Company accredited from time to time to allow You to get access to the Lulu Money Services.
Service Charges: Means the charges for each service provided under the Lulu Money Services.
Transactions: Means any instructions initiated by You, using your Account on Lulu Money.
Website: Means the Company’s website, www.lulumoney.com.
You or Your: Including all grammatical variations means an individual who maintains an Account and is authorized to conduct Transactions via Lulu Money Services.
- Words importing only the singular shall include the plural and vice versa.
- The words importing any gender shall include all genders, words importing person shall include a sole proprietor, partnership, firm, company, corporation or other legal person.
- Words and text not defined on these Terms and Conditions shall have the meaning as defined under the General Terms and Conditions of Accounts and The Company’s services.
The Lulu Money Services will only be available for a device running either on Apple or Android operating systems and data connections which meet the required specifications and configurations. You agree to procure and maintain a Device and data connection which meets these requirements at Your own expense.
- The guidance on the operation of the Lulu Money Services will be made available to You. You must follow all relevant guidance whenever You operate the Lulu Money Services. In case there are changes to the way You should operate the Lulu Money Services; The Company will notify about such changes.
- The Company may post alerts on its Website and it is Your responsibility to check any updates or changes The Company may do. You accept that in the future, The Company may send Push Notifications from time to time, add, delete, and/or modify the Push Notifications based on Your requests.
- The Lulu Money Services will be available 7 days a week, 24 hours a day but there is no warranty that the same will be available at all times and shall be subject to any downtime due to unforeseen circumstances and scheduled maintenance. Instructions received after The Company’s normal working hours will be processed on the next Business Day. You agree that The Company shall be entitled at any time, at its sole discretion and without prior notice, to temporarily suspend the operation of the Lulu Money Services for updates, maintenance and upgrading purposes without any liability from its end.
By registering on, accessing, browsing, downloading, creating the Account or using the Lulu Money for any general purpose or for the specific purpose of availing any Lulu Money Services, You agree to be bound by these terms and conditions set forth below as well as by the service-specific terms and conditions applicable to each Lulu Money Services (hereinafter collectively, the T&Cs). These T&Cs shall also include any additional or modified terms and conditions in relation to any additional or modified service-specific terms and conditions in relation to any Lulu Money Service or any future service that may be offered by The Company on Lulu Money. By registering on, accessing, browsing, downloading, creating the Account or using (as applicable) the Lulu Money or availing any Lulu Money Services, you automatically and immediately agree to all the T&Cs. If at any time You do not accept or agree with any of the T&Cs or do not wish to be bound by the T&Cs, you may not access, browse or use the Lulu Money and immediately terminate Your availing the Lulu Money Services by deleting or deactivating the Account. Accepting or agreeing to the T&Cs will constitute a legal contract (hereinafter Agreement) between You, being at least 18 years of age and an individual user of the Lulu Money and The Company. All services are rendered by The Company through the Lulu Money under the brand name “The Company” (or any derivatives or variations thereof). Consequently, all the rights, benefits, liabilities and obligations under the T&Cs shall, as the case may be, accrue to the benefit of, or incurred by, The Company, regarding Your use of The Company’s digital services (which includes but may not be limited to money remittance services), any services which may be added on the LuluMoney and which will henceforth be a Lulu Money Service, from time to time. The Lulu Money Services shall be used by You subject to Your adherence with the T&Cs. As long as You accept and comply with these T&Cs, The Company grants You a personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited, revocable privilege to enter and use the Lulu Money and/or avail the Lulu Money Services.
The Lulu Money Services are not available to persons under the age of 18 years or to anyone previously suspended or removed by The Company from availing the The Company Services or accessing Lulu Money. Further, the Lulu Money is not available for corporates, business houses or any other entity other than a natural person. The Lulu Money is not for the purposes of routing any corporate or business transactions. By accepting the T&Cs or by otherwise using the Lulu Money Services on the Lulu Money Mobile App, You represent that You are at least 18 years of age and have not been previously suspended or removed by The Company, or disqualified for any other reason, from availing the Lulu Money Services or using the Lulu Money and that you are a natural person intending to use the Lulu Money solely in capacity as a natural person and on your own behalf and that You will not route any corporate or business transactions from the Lulu Money Mobile App. In addition, you represent and warrant that You have the right, authority and capacity to enter into an agreement and to abide by all the T&Cs as part of Your agreement with The Company. Finally, you shall not impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent Your identity, age or affiliation with any person or entity. Finally, in the event of any violation of the T&Cs, The Company reserves the right to suspend or permanently prevent You from availing Lulu Money Services or using the Lulu Money Mobile App.
Security and Access Procedures
- Lulu will issue the Security Codes for You to access Lulu Money and Lulu Money Services. The Company may also issue separate requirements, restrictions, instructions, activation and access procedures, or any additional conditions pertaining to the access and use of the Lulu Money Services, Lulu Money, the Security Codes or for performance of the Transaction (“Procedures”). You agree and undertakes to be bound by and to comply with all of the procedures that Lulu may issue from time to time.
- You must secure Lulu Money installed on Your device with a password. All such passwords and the Security Codes must be kept strictly confidential and must not be disclosed to anyone else.
- You must not permit any person to access Your device in such a manner that such person may access Lulu Money, Security Codes or the Lulu Money Service.
- In the event that You lose possession or control of your device in which Lulu Money and/or the Security Codes are installed, you must immediately notify and instruct The Company in order to restrict the Lulu Money Services on Your lost device.
- Until and unless You notify The Company, all Instructions received by The Company which are associated with Your Security Code shall be deemed correct, valid and issued by You. The Company shall be entitled to rely on such Instructions, whether they actually originated from You or purportedly originated from You. You accept that all erroneous or inadvertent messages received and processed are Your responsibility.
- You agree to indemnify The Company against any and all liabilities, losses, claims and damages arising as a result of Your negligence, breach or non-compliance with the provisions of these Terms and Conditions or as a result of You losing Your Device and/or Security Codes.
Use of Lulu Money
You shall always comply with the following and hereby agree:
- Not to use Lulu Money for any purpose other than to access Your own Account, perform a Transaction using the Lulu Money Services.
- Not to permit or enable any person to access Lulu Money or leave Your device unattended in such a manner as to enable others to access Lulu Money.
- Not to reproduce, modify or reverse engineer, modify, decompile Lulu Money or permit any other person to do so.
- Not to permit any person to access the Security Codes.
- Acknowledge that the Lulu Money Services and all associated software are either owned, proprietary or licensed to The Company.
By accessing or using Lulu Money or by availing Lulu Money Services, you agree not to:
- violate the T&Cs;
- impersonate any person or entity, falsely claim or otherwise misrepresent Your affiliation with any person or entity, or access the accounts of others without permission, perform any fraudulent activity or otherwise avail Lulu Money Services with what we reasonably believe to be potentially fraudulent funds;
- use or access Lulu Money or any Lulu Money Service, to facilitate or support any act or omission by any party, that violates these T&Cs or any laws in any jurisdiction, including but not limited to rules and regulations relating to anti-money laundering, Anti-Money Laundering Act of 2001 (RA 9160) and its Implementing Rules and Regulation and any subsequent amendments thereto, illegal gambling activities, fraud, or funding of terrorist organizations, etc.
- infringe our or any third party’s intellectual property rights, rights of publicity or privacy;
- intentionally interfere with or damage operation of the Lulu Money Services or Lulu Money or any other user’s enjoyment of it, by any means, including uploading or otherwise disseminating viruses, adware, spyware, worms, or other malicious code or file with contaminating or destructive features;
- provide false, inaccurate or misleading information;
- avail Lulu Money Services with what The Company reasonably believes to be potentially fraudulent funds;
- use the Lulu Money Services in a manner that results in or may result in complaints, disputes, reversals, chargebacks, fees, fines, penalties and other liability to The Company, a third party or You;
- use the Lulu Money Services in a manner that The Company or any payment card network reasonably believe to be an abuse of the payment card system or a violation of payment card network rules;
Service Charges and Transfer Fees
Withdrawal from your LuluMoney Account
Service Charges inclusive of applicable local and transborder taxes
Interbank fund transfer – below 50000
Interbank fund transfer – above 50000
Interbank Union bank
Wallet to wallet
- Unless applicable law in the destination country requires otherwise, you will bear all fees for the money transfer. In certain cases, payment of a money transfer may be subject to local taxes and service charges. The beneficiary may incur additional fees for receiving funds sent by You. Transfers should be sent to a local (beneficiary) bank account, otherwise the receiving institution may convert the funds at its own exchange rate or reject the transaction. The beneficiary’s agreement with its account provider/bank governs the account and determines their rights, liability, fees, funds availability and account limitations. In the event of an inconsistency between the account number (including mobile phone numbers for mobile accounts) and name of the beneficiary, the transfer will be credited to the account number provided by You. The Company accepts no responsibility towards you nor to any account holder for any fees, exchange rates used for conversion to non-local currency, acts or omissions of the destination or intermediary financial service providers.
- Money transfer payments will normally be made in the currency of the origin country. All currency is converted at The Company’s then current rate of exchange. The Company calculates its rate of exchange based on commercially available interbank rates plus a margin. Most rates of exchange are adjusted several times daily in line with the relevant closing rate of financial markets globally.
The availability and proper functioning of the Lulu Money Services are dependent on many variable circumstances, including location, mobile network availability and signal strength, proper functioning of hardware, software and the Device, and The Company shall not be liable for any loss or damage that may result directly or indirectly from any unavailability or improper functioning of the Lulu Money Service for any reason.
- You agree to indemnify and compensate The Company for any damages, loss, expense or liability it incurred as a result of Your breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- You understand that in the event of loss of your device and/or SIM Card or when others get possession of it, it can be misused. Accordingly, you agree to indemnify The Company for any such misuse arising out of the same. You shall not hold The Company responsible for any losses he may incur arising from it.
- If You open additional Accounts or subscribe to any of The Company’s or its affiliates’ products, services and The Company extends the Lulu Money Services to such Accounts, products or services and You opt to apply for the services, then the Terms and Conditions of respective product or services shall automatically apply to such further use of the Lulu Money Services.
- The Company abides to the requirements under Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing law and regulations currently in force. In meeting these requirements, we would provide details of your transactions to the regulatory authorities as per their guidelines. For this purpose and the business requirements of The Company, you agree to provide true, accurate, complete and current information and documents to The Company. You shall indemnify The Company for any loss caused to The Company due to your provision of such untrue, inaccurate, incomplete or not current information and The Company will not be responsible for any damages, losses or claims made against them.
- Other Services. Other products & services made available from time to time in the Lulu Money may be accessed by customer based on subscription.
- You accept that there are risks when using internet as a reliable means of communication and should You decide to communicate and use any of Lulu Money Services through Lulu Money, you should do that entirely at Your own risk and without any liability from The Company.
- The accuracy and correctness of all information and details transmitted through The Company’s services are the responsibility of You and You accept that all Transactions and Instructions requested will be processed without the need of any further reference, written notice or verification from The Company’s side.
- Once You submit and confirm an instruction or a Transaction, The Company shall be under no obligation to accept any amendment or cancellation afterwards.
- You can add a beneficiary for a Transaction or payment through the Lulu Money’s services and You accept that The Company will not be liable for any delay or non-payment if it was caused by an error on the details of the beneficiary or failure to identify the beneficiary or delay or failure to act by the receiving party.
- The Company does not represent or warrant that the Lulu Money will be (a) available to meet the requirements; (b) uninterrupted and no delays; (c) free from failures, errors or omissions or loss of transmitted information; or (d) free from viruses or other contaminating or destructive properties that can damage Your phone operating system.
- You accept that The Company will not be liable to You or any other person for any negligence, breach, misrepresentation, claim, delay, expense damage or any other liability including legal cost, any loss however caused and irrespective of whether any claim is based on the loss of profit, business revenue, investment, goodwill, interruption of business or anticipated savings or loss of data which arises from:
- The Company acting or failing to act upon any of Your Instructions;
- Any error contained in the information You has provided through Lulu Money services;
- Access or use of Lulu Money services in the manner or purpose not authorized by The Company or from Your part;
- Malfunction or breakdown of access to Lulu Money services; and
- Any events outside The Company’s control.
- You agree to treat access rights; documentation and any information related to Your Lulu Money services strictly private and confidential and You shall not copy or reproduce them in any form either in whole or in part.
- Alerts. If You subscribe, The Company will provide You with alerts or confirmation to Your nominated contact number or e-mail address every time a transaction is performed using the Lulu Money services.
- Fees and Charges. You accept that The Company may impose charges on the Lulu Money services and if applicable, The Company will deduct the charges from Your Account or may charge additionally, if you use a Credit Card to make money transfer Transaction, you accept that it will be subject to cash advance fees except if it pertains to payments to utility companies.
- In no event, The Company or its contractors, agents, licensors, partners or suppliers will be liable to You for any special, indirect, incidental, consequential, punitive, reliance, or exemplary damages (including without limitation lost business opportunities, lost revenues, or loss of anticipated profits or any other pecuniary or non-pecuniary loss or damage of any nature whatsoever) arising out of or relating to: (i) this Agreement or the T&Cs; (ii) the Company Services, Lulu Money or any reference site/app/platform/service; or (iv) Your use or inability to use the Company Services, Lulu Money (including any and all materials) or any reference sites/app/platform/service, even if The Company or a The Company authorized representative has been advised of the possibility of such damages. In no event, The Company or any of its contractors, directors, employees, agents, third party partners, licensors or suppliers will be liable to You for any damages, liabilities, losses, and causes of action arising out of or relating to: (i) this Agreement; (ii) the Company Services, Lulu Money or any reference site/app/platform/service; or (iv) Your use or inability to use the Company services, Lulu Money (including any and all materials) or any reference sites/app/platform/service; or (v) any other interactions with The Company, however caused and whether arising in contract, tort including negligence, warranty or otherwise, beyond or in excess of the amount remitted by You in the last transaction. You acknowledge and agree that The Company has offered its products and services, set its prices, and entered into this Agreement in reliance upon the warranty disclaimers and the limitations of liability set forth herein, that the warranty disclaimers and the limitations of liability set forth herein reflect a reasonable and fair allocation of risk between You and The Company, and that the warranty disclaimers and the limitations of liability set forth herein form an essential basis of the bargain between You and The Company. The Company would not be able to provide the services to You on an economically reasonable basis without these limitations. Applicable law may not completely allow the limitation or exclusion of liability or incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations or exclusions will apply to You subject to applicable law. In such cases, The Company’s liability will be limited to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law. This paragraph shall survive the termination of this Agreement.
You agree to indemnify, save, and hold The Company, its affiliates, contractors, employees, officers, directors, agents, licensors, and partners harmless from any and all claims, losses, damages, and liabilities, costs and expenses, including without limitation legal fees and expenses, arising out of or related to: (i) Your use or misuse of the Lulu Money; (ii) any violation by You of this Agreement; or (iii) any breach of the representations, warranties, and covenants made by You herein. The Company reserves the right, at Your expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter for which You are required to indemnify The Company, including rights to settle, and You agree to cooperate with The Company’s defense and settlement of these claims. The Company will use reasonable efforts to notify You of any claim, action, or proceeding brought by a third party that is subject to the foregoing indemnification upon becoming aware of it. This paragraph shall survive termination of this Agreement.
Disclaimer; No Warranty
To the fullest extent permissible pursuant to applicable law, The Company and its third-party partners, licensors and suppliers disclaim all warranties or guarantees – whether statutory, express or implied – including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement of proprietary rights. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by You from The Company or through the Lulu Money will create any warranty or guarantee other than those expressly stated herein. For the purposes of this Disclaimer, you expressly acknowledge that as used in this section, the term “The Company” includes The Company’s officers, directors, employees, shareholders, agents, licensors, subcontractors and affiliates. You acknowledge that The Company is a facilitator of money remittance services and is not liable for any third party (banks etc.) obligations due to fluctuation in currency exchange rates, delay in remittance to Beneficiary bank account and all other instances, whether to any such banks’ account holder or otherwise. You expressly agree that use of the Lulu Money is at Your sole risk. It is Your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, completeness and usefulness of all opinions, advice, services, merchandise and other information provided through the Lulu Money or on the Internet generally. The Company does not warrant that the LuluMoney will be uninterrupted or error-free or that defects in the site will be corrected. The Lulu Money and any data, information, third party software, reference sites, services, or software made available in conjunction with or through the services and the site are provided on an “AS IS”, “AS AVAILABLE” and “WITH ALL FAULTS” basis and without warranties or representations of any kind either express or implied. The Company, and its third-party suppliers, licensors, and partners do not warrant that the data, The Company software, functions, or any other information offered on or through the Lulu Money or any reference sites/s/apps/services will be uninterrupted, or free of errors, viruses or other harmful components and do not warrant that any of the foregoing will be corrected. THE COMPANY AND ITS THIRD-PARTY SUPPLIERS, LICENSORS, AND PARTNERS DO NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF THE LULU MONEY OR ANY REFERENCE SITES/PLATFORMS/APPS/SERVICES IN TERMS OF CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOUR USE, ACCESS, DOWNLOAD, OR OTHERWISE OBTAIN INFORMATION, MATERIALS, OR DATA THROUGH THE LULU MONEY OR ANY REFERENCE SITES/PLATFORMS/APPS/SERVICES AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND THAT YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR PROPERTY (INCLUDING YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM AND MOBILE DEVICE OR ANY OTHER EQUIPMENT) OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OR USE OF SUCH MATERIAL OR DATA. WE DO NOT AUTHORIZE ANYONE TO MAKE ANY WARRANTY ON OUR BEHALF AND YOU SHOULD NOT RELY ON ANY SUCH STATEMENT. THIS PARAGRAPH SHALL SURVIVE TERMINATION OF THIS AGREEMENT. IN NO EVENT WILL THE COMPANY BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INDIRECT DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS INFORMATION AND THE LIKE) ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE LULU MONEY.
- You will be given the Security Tools which You should safeguarded at all times. The Security Tools are considered Your identification and authentication when access to Lulu Money services is made. Once completely and successfully entered, you agree that any Instruction received or Transaction processed shall be deemed to have been authorized and to have originated from You without the need to obtain any further written or other confirmation even if those instructions are not authorized by You or performed by another person.
- You agree that any person who uses the Security Tools to access Your Account through the Lulu Money services will be given access and The Company is not obliged to further check the identity of such person or the validity of any Transactions made on Your behalf.
- You should immediately notify The Company in case Your mobile device is lost, stolen or damaged.
- From time to time, The Company will require You to change Your/her MPIN &/or Password for security purpose. Your MPIN &/or Password may be re-activated and if The Company allows, You are given additional five (5) attempts to log-in.
- In case You request for a new MPIN/ Password, The Company will respond only after upon completion of the authentication process. In case The Company approves Your request, The Company will reset and issue a new MPIN/ Password which The Company will deliver to Your registered mobile.
- In the event of any misuse, you accept that The Company have the right to disable the access to The Company’s services.
We take your privacy and data security very seriously. We protect and secure your financial and personal data using proven technologies. Certified and accredited by third party privacy organizations, the Company is regulated by the Philippine government agencies.
- 24/7 Built-in Transaction Monitoring Protection: We continually monitor our platform to protect our customers from fraudulent activity and unusual transactions. For the safety and security of your Account, we may occasionally place a temporary hold or block a transfer until we can validate the activity. This is not done to intentionally slow down a transfer but to ensure the swift and accurate transfer of funds from your account to your intended recipient. When these transaction holds do occur, we will always attempt to contact you via email and phone for an additional security clearance and verification, particularly when your transaction is large or out of pattern.
- Regulated: The Company is fully regulated and registered as a certified money transmitter and operates across UAE, Oman, Kuwait, Bahrain, Qatar, India, Seychelles, Philippines, Hong Kong, Malaysia, and Ireland.
- World-Class Compliance: We use a sophisticated, multi-point technique to ensure all transactions are subject to the appropriate levels of "Know Your Customer" and other regulatory checks.
The Lulu Money Services and the Lulu Money are owned and operated by The Company. The visual interfaces, graphics, design, compilation, information, computer code (including source code and object code), products, software, services, and all other elements of the Lulu Money provided by The Company (hereafter Materials) are protected by the Intellectual Property Code of the Philippines (Republic Act No. 8293) and Republic Act 9150 The Intellectual Property Code of the Philippines(Republic Act No. 8293) and its amended Law RA 9150 and RA 10372, international conventions, and all other relevant intellectual property and proprietary rights, and applicable laws. As between You and The Company, all Materials, trademarks, service marks, and trade names contained on the Lulu Money are the property of The Company and/or third-party licensors or suppliers. You agree not to remove, obscure, or alter The Company or any third party’s copyright, patent, trademark, or other proprietary rights notices affixed to or contained within or accessed in conjunction with or through the Lulu Money. Except as expressly authorized by The Company, you agree not to sell, license, distribute, copy, modify, publicly perform or display, transmit, publish, edit, adapt, create derivative works from, or otherwise make unauthorized use of the Materials. The Company reserves all rights not expressly granted in this Agreement. If You have comments regarding the Lulu Money or ideas on how to improve it, please contact customer service. Please note that by doing so, you hereby irrevocably assign to The Company, and shall assign to The Company, all rights, title and interests in and to all ideas and suggestions and any and all worldwide intellectual property rights associated therewith. You agree to perform such acts and execute such documents as may be reasonably necessary to perfect the foregoing rights.
You may contact us on any aspect of these T&Cs or for any discrepancies/grievances by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling us on phone at (02) 511-1835. You may also contact our customer support team via the Lulu Chat in the LuluMoney Services app.
Value Added Services
- The Company facilitates certain Services through the LuluMoney Service app with respect to certain services offered by the Company’s business partners who have partnered with the Company to enable their Services through the LuluMoney Platform. Please see the relevant links on such providers’ websites. Further, the Company also offers certain digital products. The terms and conditions in relation to bill payments and digital products are set out below. The terms and conditions in relation to bill payments and digital products set out below (“VAS terms and conditions”) are applicable to and binding on You in conjunction with these T&Cs. Each of the following terms and conditions are applicable to and binding on You, or any of Your activities on the LuluMoney Platform, even if such term or condition is not specifically reproduced herein below. The terms ‘Agreement’ or ‘T&Cs’ mentioned herein below includes the terms and conditions in relation to bill payments and digital products set out below and the VAS terms and conditions as well as other service-specific terms and conditions in relation to LuluMoney Services.
- Bill Payments. In order to use the bill payments service or any other LuluMoney Service, You will need to obtain access to the World Wide Web or the Internet, either on a computer or on any other device that can access web-based content, and You will also need to pay any service fees associated with such access. In addition, You must have all equipment necessary to make such connection to the World Wide Web or the Internet, including a computer and a modem or any other set of access devices. We and/or the Our business partner (including Our bill payment partners) reserve the right to charge and recover from You, such fees for availing the service as the case may be. You should therefore check with Our business partners’ channel/portal/website through which You are availing the specific service in order to review the applicable fees charged by them which may vary from time to time. In the event that You stop or seek a reversal of the payment instructions as may have been submitted, We will be entitled to charge and recover from You and You shall be liable to pay the Service Charges or such charges to the bill payment service provider as may be decided by the Company. These charges shall be charged on to Your designated payment account or in any other manner as may be decided by Company. Company offers a convenient and secure way to make payments towards identified biller(s) using a valid payment account. Depending upon Our business partner through whom the specific service is availed by You (i) the specific features of the service may differ; (ii) the number of billers available over the service may differ; (iii) the type and range of payment accounts that can be used to issue a payment instructions may differ; (iv) the modes/devices over which the service can be accessed may differ; and (v) the charges, fees for availing the service or any aspect of the service may differ. Specific details related to these aspects would be available with Our business partner on their channel/portal/website over which the service is being availed. From time to time, We, at our sole discretion, can add to or delete from such list of billers or types of payment accounts that can be used in respect of making payments to a biller. The type and range of payment accounts that can be used for making payments may differ for each biller depending on biller specifications. There may be additional fees/charge when using certain types of payment accounts in respect of a biller. The terms upon which a payment can be made to a biller can differ depending on whether a card or a bank account is used to issue the payment instruction. Further, depending on the specific facilities allowed by Our business partner, payments to a biller can be made either (a) by issuing a payment instruction for an online debit/charge to a payment account or (b) by scheduling an automated debit to a payment account. In using the bill payment service, You agree to:
- provide true, accurate, current and complete information about Yourself (“Registration Data”), Your payment account details (“Payment Data”), Your biller details (“Biller Data”); and
- maintain and promptly update the Registration Data, Payment Data and Biller Data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete at all times. If You provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or We have reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, We have the right to suspend or terminate Your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the LuluMoney Services (or any portion thereof).
- Company assumes no responsibility and shall incur no liability if it is unable to affect any payment instruction(s) on the payment date owing to any one or more of the following circumstances:
- If the payment instruction(s) issued by You is/are incomplete, inaccurate, invalid and delayed;
- If the payment account has insufficient funds/limits to cover for the amount as mentioned in the payment instruction(s);
- If the funds available in the payment account are under any encumbrance or charge;
- If Your bank or any other clearing body refuses or delays honouring the payment instruction(s);
- If payment is not processed by biller upon receipt;
- Circumstances beyond Our control (including, but not limited to, fire, flood, natural disasters, bank strikes, power failure, systems failure like computer or telephone lines breakdown due to an unforeseeable cause or interference from an outside force).
- In case the bill payment is not effected for any reason, You will be intimated about the failed payment by an e-mail.
- Prepaid Service. The Company is only a reseller of digital products. We do not provide mobile operator services and are only a reseller of prepaid mobile recharge services which are ultimately provided by telecommunications service providers (hereafter Telco or Telcos) or by other distributors or aggregators of such Telcos. We are not a warrantor, insurer, or guarantor of the services to be provided by the Telcos. Prepaid mobile recharge sold by the Company to You is sold without recourse against the Company for any breach of contract by the Telcos. Any disputes regarding the quality, minutes provided, cost, expiration, or other terms of the mobile prepaid recharge purchased must be handled directly between You (or the recipient of the recharge) and the Telco. The terms and conditions set out in this section are applicable, mutatis mutandis, to other prepaid recharge products available on LuluMoney including prepaid recharges in relation to DTH, data card and toll tags as well as to other prepaid recharge products that may be offered on LuluMoney. The Company will not be responsible for any failure on the part of any of its recharge partners in effecting a recharge.
- Your account shall be subject to an aggregate monthly load limit of Php100,000, unless a higher amount has been approved by BSP. In case you may have multiple e-money instruments, the total amount loaded in all the e-money instruments shall be consolidated in determining compliance with the aggregate monthly load limit.
- Your account can be redeemed at a face value. It shall not earn interest nor rewards and other similar incentives convertible nor be purchased at a discount. E-money is not considered a deposit hence it is not insured with the Philippine Deposit Insurance Corporation.
- The Company’s records maintained through the mobile network or otherwise, unless proven to be wrong, shall be accepted as conclusive and legally binding evidence of Your Transactions using the Company’s services.
- You shall be responsible to ensure strict adherence to the security guidelines for the use of The Company’s services. This includes ensuring that any other security alerts that are posted on The Company’s Website and/or The Company advised to You through e-mail are observed and complied at all times.
- You may request to terminate the access to The Company’s services at any time by giving Lulu a prior written notice of three (3) Business Days.
- The Company may from time to time and at its sole discretion with prior notice to You, change and amend any of these Terms and Conditions. The changes will apply on the effective date Lulu specified in the notice.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be construed in accordance with the laws of Philippines and the rules, regulations and directives of the Central Bank of Philippines. In the event of a dispute, the courts of Philippines shall have jurisdiction, provided that The Company may, if it deems appropriate, bring proceedings in any other jurisdiction, inside or outside the Philippines.
By applying for and using the LuluMoney Services, you acknowledge and accept these Terms and Conditions and any supplementary terms and conditions that may from time to time be in force.
LuLu Money is supervised by the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas with contact number (02) 8708-7087 and email address email@example.com.